Monday, March 09, 2009

Bono, Barack, and Steve Nash

You know the old question, "Who would you invite to dinner if you had the chance?"

For me, it's easy. Three dudes: Bono, Barack, and Steve Nash.



What a dinner party it would be! We have so much in common, the four of us.
  • Bono and I could talk about our golden pipes and world-wide charisma.
  • Barack and I could joke about our similar gangly frames and worldviews on globalization and the American Dream.

  • And Steve Nash and I wouldn't have to talk much. We'd just head out to the driveway and shoot the three ball from deep and dazzle each other with our sweet passing. He and I are on the same wavelength.
Some people might dream wistfully of such a dinner, and yet never see it come to fruition.
Not me. The invitations are in the mail. The steaks have been bought. Now we'll just wait and see who shows up.
Who would you fave five (or three) be?

1 comment:

Em said...

If I were a typical BYU athlete I would say, "Jesus" or "President Monson." I feel blasphemous saying that, but that's what's always printed in the game programs.

I'm totally inviting Michelle Obama. I'd love to chat with her. Hmmm. Gotta think about the rest. I'm fascinated with Beyonce. Maybe her?